VinylPlus contributing to the Partnerships Forum debates on The Future We Want at Rio+20
During these three days, VinylPlus participated in a number of forums and debates on the role of partnerships where the progress made by the European PVC industry was showcased.
Below some of the main activities where VinylPlus was presented at the Rio+20 Summit.
- Participation in two different sessions of the Partnerships Forum and distribution of VinylPlus materials (2012 Progress Report and Executive Summary, Voluntary Commitment and informative leaflet)
- Partnerships Contributing to the Future We Want (closing session): Video and oral presentation live streamed on the conference website.
- Speed Brokering for Partnerships: scaling-up and replicating best practices in sustainable development: Organised like a ‘speed dating’ session, 10-minute one-on-one interactive presentations and discussion with 12 other participants.
- VinylPlus Deputy General Manager, Brigitte Dero, featured on a series of video interviews with selected Partnership Drivers.
- VinylPlus Voluntary Commitment included in the Rio+20 Registry of Commitments.
- Vinyl 2010/VinylPlus included as best practice case study in the International Chamber of Commerce Green Economy Roadmap, launched at Rio+20 with a press briefing and a side event on 20/06/12.
- The VinylPlus recycling target of 800,000 tonnes of PVC quoted as an example of the concrete commitments made for Sustainable Development in the UN press briefings, press releases and News Centre materials and picked up by international press and media at global level.