Creating awareness along the value chain
Published on: 2015-03-18
To sensitize employees and sales forces of PVC Forum Italia member companies, as well as their customers and/or installers, on the progress made towards PVC sustainability.
PVC Forum Italia - Italy
• To sensitize employees and sales forces of PVC Forum Italia member companies, as well as their customers and/or installers, on the progress made towards PVC sustainability and on the importance of the VinylPlus Voluntary Commitment, in a format integrated in their own communications.
• To create a kind of Multimedia “information package”, consisting of PowerPoint presentations, documents, roll-ups, videos, etc. Focus will be given to PVC sustainability, including recovery, recycling and the VinylPlus activities. The multimedia “information package” will be managed and presented by the PVC Forum Italia during conventions and internal and corporate meetings of the PVC Forum member companies.
Actions / Deliverables
- It was clearly identified that the most interested sectors were window profiles and pipes.
- It was agreed to implement the multimedia “information package” at company’s events as well as at other events organized by specifiers and designers associations where member companies were involved.
- PVC Forum Italia participated at 16 events: 11 for the window profiles sector (with company sales forces, customers, installers) and 5 for the pipes sector (with technical staff, customers, specifiers, designers).
The multimedia “information package” proposed by the PVC Forum Italia was very well received by member companies, customers and installers.
The Q&A sessions helped to better understand the needs of the market in terms of communications and information on PVC sustainability, in particular on:
- the absence of significant issues for PVC products and applications, achieved through the work of VinylPlus and PVC Forum Italia;
- the importance of LCAs and the concept of durability and long life of PVC applications in terms of sustainability;
- the need of updated information on the Italian and European legislation concerning the end-of-life of PVC; the importance of having updated data and studies on the different sectors of the market in Italy, including numbers on imports and exports, (i.e. windows, pipes, etc.) such as those provided by the PVC Forum Italia;
- the importance for associations such as the PVC Forum Italia of being representative of the Italian PVC industry.
Contact: Carlo Ciotti