Media Field Trip: exploring the PVC value chain
Published on: 2016-01-18
Description: Raise awareness amongst specialised trade journalists about the commitment of the PVC value chain to sustainable development through the VinylPlus initiave
- Raise awareness about the commitment of the PVC value chain to sustainable development
- Enhance the image and reputation of PVC by promoting its safe and sustainable use in many applications
- Focus on: environmental performances of PVC, sustainable use of additives, PVC recyclability
- Build longstanding relationships with trade media
Milestones / Deliverables
- Two-day field trip to Germany
- Visit two companies producing, converting or recycling flexible PVC
- Minimum 5 journalists from specialised trade and industry publications
- Close collaboration with German associations
- Promotion of VinylPlus and ECPI
- Possible media coverage
(29 -30 June 2016, Germany. Visit to Mehler and AgPR; 10 journalists attending)
- Timing: to ensure good media participation it is important that the event does not clash with international events such as the K Fair or others.
- On the ground experience: Journalists are eager to visit plants and are enthusiastic about the opportunity to learn through on-the-ground experience. The Media Field Trip is a great opportunity to dissipate misconceptions and raise awareness about the PVC value chain’s commitment to sustainability.
- Partnership with national association (AgPU): the support we received from AgPU was much appreciated and journalists were happy to learn about the German PVC value chain
The Media Field Trip brings journalists to production and recycling plants and give them the opportunity to know the people working for the industry. Such a personal experience and direct contact make the industry appear more “human”, closer to consumers. Journalists become more keen to listen, learn and perceive the industry more positively.