The Monitoring Committee was set up as an independent body, open to external stakeholders, to guarantee VinylPlus’ transparency, participation and accountability. The Committee plays an active role in evaluating VinylPlus’ actions and initiatives, provides advices and stimulates the industry to rise to new challenges in sustainable development.
The VinylPlus Monitoring Committee guarantees an independent evaluation of the initiatives undertaken in the framework of the Voluntary Commitment. It thus plays a fundamental role in ensuring VinylPlus’ transparency, participation and accountability, and in providing guidance and advice. Open to external stakeholders, the Committee met formally twice in 2017, in April and in December.
To ensure maximum transparency, the minutes of each Monitoring Committee meeting are published on the VinylPlus website after formal approval.
- Mr Werner Bosmans – Directorate-General Environment (DG ENV), European Commission
- Prof. Alfons Buekens – Chairman of the Monitoring Committee
- Mr Alain Cavallero – Secretary General of ESPA
- Mr Alexandre Dangis – VinylPlus Board Member
- Mr Armand De Wasch – Director General, Euroconsumers Group
- Dr Brigitte Dero – General Manager of VinylPlus
- Ms Martina Dlabajova – Member of the European Parliament
- Mr Joachim Eckstein – VinylPlus Board Member
- Dr Josef Ertl – Chairman of VinylPlus
- Mr Sylvain Lefebvre – Deputy General Secretary, industriAll European Trade Union
- Mr Eric Liégeois – Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs (DG GROW), European Commission
- Mr Nuno Melo – Member of the European Parliament
- Dr Ettore Nanni – Treasurer of VinylPlus
To ensure maximum transparency, the minutes of the Monitoring Committee meetings are published online after formal approval at the following meeting.
- 05 December 2017
- 14 April 2017
- 14 December 2016
- 04 April 2016
- 20 November 2015
- 17 April 2015
- 21 November 2014
- 11 April 2014
- 29 November 2013
- 19 April 2013
- 30 November 2012
- 10 April 2012
- 6 December 2011